Thursday, July 27, 2006

Nana 15

Oops, I made the mistake of reading the manga as far as this episode and realised why people dislike this series. Its because its exactly the same, its like the whole counter argument to my Bleach moan below, There is no interest in watching this series when you have read the manga, and evidently alot of people have. The answer to the problem, well for me anyway, just stop reading the manga, this way its quite entertaining.

I dont think I even want to go into what happens because this series is so soppy im almost imbarassed to say I watch it. Ok, a quick one. This episode is post Shoji, Nana (Hachiko) break up and everyone fears that Hachi is going to kill herself even though she seems reasonably cheerful. She goes with Jun-Chan and her boyfriend to see Nana perform her first live set in Tokyo. What was pointed out to me a long time ago by a friend and something which still amuses me to this day is that even though "The Black Stones" as they call themselves purport to be a punk band, they still sound as melodic and poppy as any other generic anime group, which is quite amusing when the group arrive at the Punk night and the supporting band sound like incredibly loud fuzz and distortion and Nana starts playing and its all carebears go emo.

Amusingly enough I heard the ending theme to this series on the radio when I was eating at a Sukiyaki restaurant, needless to say I was the only one singing. (Hanging my head in shame)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home