Saturday, August 19, 2006

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi 11-14

I finally got around to finishing this series today just as I see there are plans for a second series in the pipeline. The last few episodes were brilliant, stylistically executed and entertaining all the way through. It really feels like the series never aimed for any particular goal but in the end I felt like they had said everything they had needed to say. The character design, the animation and humour of this series is consistantly exquisite and I would recomend it to anyone who enjoys FLCL or School Rumble or just really slick looking anime. I especially enjoyed the Battle of the Bands performance which Haruhi pulls off at the last minute whilst Kyon-kun watched in amazement, a great turning point in their relationship I felt. So if you get a chance get this downloaded, its only 14 episodes but a great achievment nonetheless.

1 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just watched this on your recomendation over the last two days. Its such an awsome series, cheers for recomending it. One of the most enjoyable anime shows i've watched

 

Post a Comment

<< Home